How To Pop a Pimple
Most dermatologists probably will shudder when they hear you are going to pop a pimple. It’s like performing a minor surgery on your own face! You have to take the necessary precautions if you do find white pus underneath the skin irritating and really needs to be popped.
Popping pimples will not cause scarring if done the right way. However, there are times when popping a pimple can lead to more blemishes. Pimples and zits contain bacteria which your fingers will redeposit on other areas of your face. However if you really need to pop the pimple, here are steps you should take:
- Soften your skin with warm water.
- Remove all makeup if any.
- Wash your hands, preferably with an anti-bacterial soap to prevent spreading of germs and infecting the open pimple.
- Sterilize a needle by putting it over a flame. Alternatively, disinfect the needle with alcohol.
- With the needle gently prick the tip of the pimple.
- Take a clean tissue and wrap it around your index fingers.
- Gently apply pressure to the sides of the pimple to ease out the pus. Stop when blood or clear fluid comes out.
Here’s a video showing you how to do it the hygienic and safe way:
Download Video with Vixy.net | Convert YouTube to MP3
A Word of Caution
Only attempt to squeeze after you see whitish pus under the skin. If the white pus doesn’t budge after squeezing gently, don’t even think about popping it. You might squeeze something to the surface, but you’ll also force the infection deeper into the skin. Instead, soak a piece of sterile gauze in a mixture of 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 cup warm tap water. Hold the gauze on the spot for five to 10 minutes and repeat several times a day – the salt water may help dry out the spot and draw the pimple to the surface.
Popping a ripe pimple may be inviting. But if you overpick or oversqueeze, you’ll stretch the already sensitive skin and push the white blood cells onto the skin, which can lead to infection and scarring. Do not pop the pimple if it’s deep and painful, see a dermatologist.
There’s an entire skin care management system called Acnezine that finds the source of your acne and not only heals the blemishes you have, but also treats future outbreaks that you don’t even see yet. It eliminates spots, pimples, redness, blackheads and whiteheads safely and also works to cleanse the entire body.